Positions, Job Descriptions & Requirements
The Political Division is responsible for recruiting and training Libertarian candidates for public office. This includes working with volunteers and maintaining a list of all elected and appointed offices. The Political Division provides support to candidates such as assistance with filing the proper paperwork and assisting campaign strategy. The Political Division will support the Libertarian Party Presidential nominees.
Political Division general responsibilities:
- Candidates. Recruiting Candidates to run for office and training Candidates to run successful and effective campaigns. They will maintain a database of all Libertarian Candidates.
- Placing Volunteers. Identifying and placing Libertarians who are interested in working on campaigns.
- Database of Offices. It is important that we know all offices available, when they are available and how to qualify or run for each office. The party will maintain a database of all elected offices and appointed offices on www.lpct.org.
- Situational Awareness. Staying on top of media and current events and distributing that to Candidates so we are in the know and can react appropriately.
Description: The Political Director manages and oversees the Political Division. Their primary function is to recruit Candidates for all elected and appointed offices. The Political Director will work with the Communications Division to draft messaging and communications each election cycle. They will maintain a database of all Libertarian Candidates.
- Responsible for establishing and populating all necessary committees as well as recruit and appoint all leaders within the Political Division.
- Mentor and lead all other members of the Political Division.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate an annual Candidate recruitment plan.
- Recruit and train Candidates to run for office as a Libertarian.
- Maintain and publish a database of all appointed and elected offices.
- Oversee the drafting and publishing of the Political Division field manual.
- Highly collaborative attitude.
- Ability to recruit Candidates and team members.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Previous management/leadership experience, preferably running a multifaceted team of specialized individuals.
- Sincere commitment to work with all constituent groups including all other staff, board members, and volunteers.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial.
Assistant Political Director
Job Description: Responsible for assisting the Political Director in all aspects of the position.