The Libertarian Party takes a “live and let live” approach to your life and public policy. We believe that, at most, governments should exist only to defend and protect the rights and freedoms of individuals.
Libertarianism can also be described as a “best of both worlds” approach, combining fiscal responsibility with social acceptance; we should not spend more than we take in and Government has no place in your bedroom or what you do with your body. We’ll actual do what both parties say they are good at, instead of offering empty rhetoric to get elected. Our solutions are guided on:
- A free-market economy and the abundance and prosperity it brings
- A dedication to personal freedom and civil liberties
- A foreign policy of free trade, non-intervention, and peace
Most people agree with our positions but are not familiar with the Libertarian Party, or have been misinformed about what Libertarians really believe. The fact is many people are Libertarian, but they just don’t know it yet. Some people might not agree with all Libertarian positions on all issues and that is perfectly okay!
CHALLENGE: Please review our positions on each issue. After you review our positions on major issues please ask yourself the following:
- Is this how the mainstream media, the Democrats and the Republicans portray us?
- Do our positions make more sense?
- Are you a Libertarian?
What is a Libertarian?